Last night, in a feeble attempt to distract myself from the usual Sunday night blues, I decided to whip up a batch of madeleines since I had all the ingredients on hand.
Recipe from Tasty Meals At Home
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
powder sugar for dusting (optional)
1. First off, combine the eggs and sugar and whip till smooth. It will be easier to use an electric mixer.
2. Next, add in the salt, honey, and vanilla.
3. Add baking powder into a separate bowl. Sift flour into the bowl as well. Using a rubber spatula, add the mixture into increments and mix until all is incorporated and smooth.
4. Melt the butter and add into the batter. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven at 375 F. Generously grease the madeleine pan.
5. Pour batter into pastry bag/ziplock bag and fill the pans a little more than halfway.
6. Once you have filled the pans, tap the pan onto a working surface to roughly distribute the batter into the molds. Then, slip it into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
I’m already plotting the next time I’ll make some, and Leeetz got me inspired to make some tea-infused ones, like these babies. Although I don’t know if I could wait a minimum of three hours for the batter to chill! A lesson in patience, perhaps?
More madeleine recipes to try: